Scoliosis is defined as lateral curvature of the spine in the upright position.
Scoliosis Types :
- Structural and functional.
- Idiopathic scoliosis can occur at any age between 10 -13 years.
- More common in females.
- Rib hump or abnormal paraspinal muscular prominence indicates spinal rotation.
- Measurement of arm span
- Thoracic is more common.
- Pain in low backache
- Decrease respiration in later cases.
Cobb’s angle shows severity of spine
- Mild – 200
- Moderate – 200 – 400
- Severe – < 400
- Postural correction Exercise: deep breathing exercises, balancing exercises, active ROM exercises to the spine, strengthening exercises to the abdominal and spinal muscles.
- Passive stretching of muscles on concave side.
- Braces for at least for 3 months.