Rotator Cuff Treatment
Incidence of rotator cuff tear < 70 years -30%, 71-80 years.
60% and above 80 years is 70%. It comprises supraspinatus, infraspinatus, subscapularies and teres minor.
Causes of Rotator Cuff
- 1. Commonly associated with supraspinatus tendon, bicipital tendinitis etc.
- 2. Common in athlete and sports persons.
- Pain in shoulder, Difficulties in carrying out shoulder movements, especially abduction..
- Thermotherapy- ultra sound, SWD, Tens eThermotherapy- ultra sound, SWD, Tens etc helps in pain relief.tc helps in pain relief.
- Active & Passive mobilization techniques for Shoulder.
- Exercises – gravity eliminated abduction, flexion and extension exercise, pendulum swing and progressive assistive abduction exercises and later with resistance.
Precautions of Rotator Cuff
- Sling support to prevent excessive stretch on rotator cuff by prolongs hanging of arm.
- Gravity eliminated positions should be adopted.
- Avoid sports activities constantly. Causes friction of shoulder.
- Avoid jerking movements and lifting of heavy weights.